Linda Johnson was elected as the Member of the Legislative Assembly for Calgary-Glenmore on April 23, 2012.
Ms. Johnson serves on the Standing Committees on Resource Stewardship and The Special Standing Committee on Members’ Services.
Additionally, she serves as a member of the Government’s Operations Committee and is the government representative to Alberta Innovates – Technology Futures and is a member of the Education Act regulation review committee.
Previously she served as a member on the following committees:
- Standing Committee on Private Bills (deputy chair)
- Select Special Conflicts of Interest Act Review Committee.
- Standing Committee on Privileges and Elections, Standing Orders and Printing
- Standing Committee on Families and Communities
- Results Based Budgeting, Early Childhood Development
Born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Ms. Johnson attended Saint Mary’s University, where she received a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
Ms. Johnson has extensive experience in business environments, having worked in oil and gas, direct marketing and the automotive industry.
A proud and active member of her church and community, Ms. Johnson continues to encourage volunteer engagement and is a strong advocate for literacy.
Ms. Johnson, her husband, Al and their three children have lived in southwest Calgary since 1986.
September 15, 2014