Linda Johnson was elected as the Member of the Legislative Assembly for Calgary-Glenmore on April 23, 2012.
Ms. Johnson serves on the Standing Committees on Resource Stewardship and The Special Standing Committee on Members’ Services.
Additionally, she is the government representative to Alberta Innovates – Technology Futures and is a member of the Education Act regulation review committee.
Previously she served as a member on the following committees:
- Standing Committee on Private Bills (deputy chair)
- Select Special Conflicts of Interest Act Review Committee.
- Standing Committee on Privileges and Elections, Standing Orders and Printing
- Standing Committee on Families and Communities
- Results Based Budgeting, Early Childhood Development
Born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Ms. Johnson attended Saint Mary’s University, where she received a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
Ms. Johnson has extensive experience in business environments, having worked in oil and gas, direct marketing and the automotive industry.
A proud and active member of her church and community, Ms. Johnson continues to encourage volunteer engagement and is a strong advocate for literacy.
Ms. Johnson, her husband, Al and their three children have lived in southwest Calgary since 1986.
March 18, 2014