Minister of Culture
Mrs. Klimchuk was elected to her second term as a Member of the Legislative Assembly for Edmonton-Glenora on April 23, 2012. On May, 8, 2012 she was named Minister of Culture.
During her first term, Mrs. Klimchuk served as Minister of Culture and Community Services and as Minister of Service Alberta.
Mrs. Klimchuk’s public service experience prior to serving as a Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta includes working for the Legislative Assembly of Alberta as a researcher and working as a writer for both Premier Lougheed and Premier Getty. Mrs. Klimchuk also assisted with the initiation of the Alberta Seniors Information Phone Line.
Mrs. Klimchuk holds a bachelor of arts degree from the University of Alberta in political science.
Mrs. Klimchuk is also active in her community and has served in the following capacities:
- Planning and Development for the Glenora Community League
- Glenora School Council Chair and volunteer co-ordinator
- Reading mentor at Glenora School
- Director of St. Basil’s School of Ukrainian Dance
- Communications Director for Kupalo Ukrainian Dance School
- Volunteer co-ordinator for the Bell Walk for Kids
Mrs. Klimchuk and her husband, Wade, have two children: Kyrsten and Keifer. They have called Edmonton-Glenora home for over 18 years.
August 20, 2012