OFFICE / NEWS RELEASES
October 3, 2006
Partnership of Parliaments: German delegation visits Alberta
Edmonton—“Parliamentary practitioners throughout the world share similar issues and challenges,” said Ken Kowalski, Speaker of Alberta’s Legislative Assembly. “By strengthening our knowledge base through the sharing of information we are better able to serve in our positions.”
“I am proud to welcome a seven-member Partnership of Parliaments delegation to Alberta during their 2006 Canadian visit,” he added.
Canada became a member in 1993 of the Partnership of Parliaments, an organization dedicated to fostering trans-continental relationships between parliamentarians.
The German delegation will be in Alberta October 15-20 as a part of their visit to Canada. The first half of the visit will be with the Saskatchewan Legislative Assembly.
While in Alberta, the German delegation’s itinerary includes:
- Dinner with Speaker Ken Kowalski,
- Meetings with the honourable Education Minister and Government House Leader Gene Zwozdesky,
- A site visit and meeting with local school administrators (Edmonton Public School Board),
- A site visit and meeting with Faculty of Education at the University of Alberta,
- An overview of Capital Health and a tour of the Stollery Children’s Hospital,
- An overview of Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute with Dr. Arvind Koshal, Director of Development and External Affairs,
- Lunch with Bernd Reusch, Honorary Consul-Germany,
- Meetings with the honourable Minister of Health and Wellness Iris Evans as well as other health officials regarding the Electronic Health Records,
- Meetings with additional Members of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta during a brief tour of the province.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Bev Alenius, Executive Assistant
Legislative Assembly of Alberta
Office of the Speaker
HOME / NEWS RELEASE INDEX