Minister of Human Services
Manmeet Bhullar was elected to his second term as MLA for Calgary-Greenway on April 23, 2012. On December 13, 2013, Mr. Bhullar was sworn in as Minister Human Services. He previously served as Minister of Service Alberta.
Mr. Bhullar was formerly Political Minister-Calgary, Parliamentary Assistant for Advanced Education and Technology and Parliamentary Assistant for Municipal Affairs.
Mr. Bhullar serves as representative for Calgary-Greenway, but his community involvement began long before he was elected to office. He created a youth development organization with the hope to empower young people and encourage participation in positive acts of community service rather than turning to harmful activities. His community service has earned him many awards including the Alberta Centennial Medal, the Centennial Medallion, and the Athabasca University Leadership Award.
Formerly, Mr. Bhullar served as a member of the following standing committees of the Legislative Assembly
- Legislative Offices
- Community Services
- Members’ Services
Mr. Bhullar has also served as a member of the Select Special Chief Electoral Officer Search Committee. He was the representative for the Alberta government on the board for WorldSkills 2009.
Mr. Bhullar has also carried the following legislation during his time as MLA:
- Bill 7,the Post-secondary Learning Amendment Act, 2008
- Bill 30, the Alberta Evidence Amendment Act, 2008
- Bill 4, the Post-secondary Learning Amendment Act, 2009 – allowing Mount Royal and MacEwan Colleges to become Universities.
- Bill 6, the Emergency Management Amendment Act, 2010
- Motion 508, a motion encouraging innovation in education (27th Legislature, 2nd Session)
December 17, 2013