Minister of Municipal Affairs
Diana McQueen was elected to her second term as a Member of the Legislative Assembly for Drayton Valley-Devon on April 23, 2012. On September 15, 2014, Mrs. McQueen was sworn-in as Minister of Municipal Affairs (MA).
Minister McQueen has previously served as Minister of Energy and Minister of Environment and Sustainable Resource Development (ESRD). She also served as a Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Energy and the Minister of Environment before being sworn into cabinet.
She currently serves as vice-chair of the Government's Operations Committee, chair of the Public Safety Committee, member of the Treasury Board, and a member of the Planning and Priorities Committee.
Over the course of this term of office, Mrs. McQueen has focused on a number of initiatives, including:
- Implementing Alberta's first regional plan under the Land-use Framework;
- Partnering with the federal government to begin implementing a comprehensive environmental monitoring program for the oil sands region;
- Facilitating increased trade in forest products with the Asia-Pacific Region;
- Development of the Alberta Energy Regulator;
- Development of Independent Monitoring Agency;
- Working with European interests to eliminate the Fuel Quality Directive;
- Moving the Municipal Governance Act Review towards completion; and
- Leading discussions with Alberta's metropolitan areas towards the development of city charters.
Outside the legislature, she is active in her community, and has served as a school board chair and trustee, and as the mayor of Drayton Valley.
November 26, 2014