What are congratulatory scrolls?
If you or someone you know will be celebrating a significant birthday or anniversary,
you can request a congratulatory scroll signed by the appropriate provincial Member
to mark the occasion. MLA scrolls are letter size, in a muted green tone, and display
the Mace and coat of arms. A coat-of-arms lapel pin is enclosed with each completed
Who can request a congratulatory scroll?
Scrolls are issued for dates in five-year intervals, but scrolls
for dates between these intervals may be requested if desired by contacting your
view sample scroll
(sample will open in new window, actual size of scroll is 8 1/2" x 11")
here for birthday
Birthday scrolls are available to people celebrating their 65+ birthday, in 5 year
- For ages 65+ celebrants may receive scrolls from their Member of the Legislative
Assembly and their Member of Parliament.
- For ages 75+ celebrants may also receive scrolls from the Premier and the Prime
- For ages 80+ celebrants may also receive scrolls from the Lieutenant Governor.
- For ages 90+ celebrants may also receive scrolls from the Governor General.
- For ages 100+ celebrants may also receive scrolls from the Queen.
here for anniversary
Anniversary scrolls are available to people celebrating their 25+ anniversary, in
5 year intervals.
- For 25+ celebrants may receive scrolls from their Member of the Legislative Assembly,
the Premier, their Member of Parliament, and the Prime Minister.
- For 50+ celebrants may also receive scrolls from the Lieutenant Governor and the
- For 60+ celebrants may also receive scrolls from the Queen.
Ordering by mail, phone, or fax
From the MLA and/or Opposition Leader by mail, phone or fax, please
1001, 9718-107 St.
Edmonton, AB T5K 1E4
Ph: (780) 427-1302 (toll free dial 310-0000, then 427-1302)
Fax: (780) 427-1623
From the Premier – Fax (780) 427-1349
From the Lieut. Gov. – Fax (780) 422-5134
Scrolls from other jurisdictions (Prime Minister, Member of Parliament, Governor
General, Queen, and other Provinces):
information on requesting scrolls from other jurisdictions.
NOTE: The information collected in this scrolls order form is solely for
the purpose of preparing the congratulatory scroll (section 33(c)) of the Freedom
of Information and Protection of Privacy Act). The information may only be provided
to another party in conjunction with the preparation of the congratulatory scroll.