/ ASSEMBLY OFFICE / 1999
PAGE | NEXT PAGE
Within the traditions of parliamentary democracy
as constitutionally established in Alberta, the Legislative Assembly will:
- Support the Speaker of the Legislative
Assembly in carrying out the duties of office.
- Support members in carrying out their
roles as elected representatives of the people of Alberta
- Record the proceedings and maintain the
records of the Legislative Assembly.
- Inform and educate the public on behalf
of members and the institution of parliament.
- Support the Assembly in protecting its
institutions and privileges.
- Support the exchange of information and
ideas among Legislatures.
- Support the Officers of the Legislature
Goals of the Legislative Assembly
- Assist the Speaker in fulfilling the
duties of office.
- Meet and exceed the service expectations
- Assist Members in carrying out their
roles as legislators within the parliamentary system in Alberta.
- Respond to increased demands for technology
related services from Members, staff, and the public.
- Increase public awareness of the Legislative
Assembly within Alberta's democratic parliamentary system through information
and outreach programs.
- Continue to maintain the separation of
powers among the Legislative Assembly, the Executive, and the Judiciary.
- Ensure that the Legislative Assembly
Office provides quality services in an increasingly competitive environment.
- Provide leadership in fostering increasing
interparliamentary co-operation through participation in national and
international parliamentary forums and exchange programs.
- Promote the products, services, and achievements
of the Legislative Assembly Office to members, staff, and the public.
- Foster and recognize leadership and teamwork
within the Legislative Assembly Office.
- Ensure the continuing development of
the effectiveness and efficiency of the Legislative Assembly Office
- Promote the involvement of employees
in the ongoing development of the Legislative Assembly Office.
PAGE | NEXT PAGE
electronic copy of Legislative Assembly Office Annual Report is UNOFFICIAL
and is provided for information purposes only. The printed version is
the OFFICIAL Annual Report.
Copyright (c) 2000
Legislative Assembly of Alberta